Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 10/10/23

meredith

Oct 10, 2023, 7:31:20 PM10/10/23
to Colorado Birds
Well, this is getting pretty boring:

Cool when opening at 7 a.m., getting toasty by the time the students arrive mid-to-late morning.

White-crowned Sparrows early, then nothing for 2 to 3 hours.  A few more sparrows at the end of the morning.

A miscellaneous warbler, maybe.

Today's breakdown of 14 birds:

Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Song Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 10
White-crowned Sparrow, Mountain 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1

If you would like to visit our station, we have one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekday mornings (Tues-Fri, we are closed on Mon) and 8, 9, and 10 a.m. one-hour time slots on the weekends.  As long as the heat continues, you are more likely to see birds if you come earlier in the morning.  Click here to make a reservation.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies