Pueblo swans

Chris Wilkens

Feb 9, 2019, 4:14:56 PM2/9/19
to Colorado Birds
While out birding today a ran across a trumpeter swan on valco pond #7. Didn't think to much about it as there has been one in the area for awhile now. However, when I got home I seen that a swan was also reported at the same time at the nearby gravel pit, which aroused my suspicion that there might be two swans in the area. To investigate, I drove up on the stonemoor hills bluffs overlooking the SWA. I was able to see a swan on pond #1 and pond #4 at the same time. Wasn't able to see pond #7 from the vantage point. But there are at least two, and possibly a third swan in the area today.