Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Lake Banding Report, 10-19-21

Meredith McBurney

Oct 19, 2021, 5:52:21 PM10/19/21
to Colorado Birds
A cold wind kicked up about the time we were opening today, and then worsened enough over the next couple of hours that we closed early.  Only banded 5 birds in the 2 hours we were open:

Brown Thrasher 1
Mountain White-crowned Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco 1 Oregon, 1 undetermined
Spotted Towhee 1

Only 4 days left in the season (we will take the station down at the end of banding on Saturday, 10/23).  Click here to register to visit - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 12 visitors at a time); 8:30-9:30 weekdays, and 9-10, and 10-11 on Saturday.  Between new and recaps, there is usually something interesting to see, so come visit us this final week!

Meredith McBurney
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies