Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chico Basin Ranch banding 4/28/22

Chicobander

Apr 28, 2022, 2:32:16 PM4/28/22
to Colorado Birds
The banding station had a few birds today. It is still early in the season. However, we picked up a couple first of the year species captures: House Wren, Brown Thrasher, and Lark Sparrow. The Gray Flycatcher was seen in the vicinity of the banding station this morning.

8 New banded birds:
Audubon's (Yellow-rumped) Warbler-2
House Wren-1
Hermit Thrush-1
Lark Sparrow-1
American Robin-1
Brown Thrasher-1
Blue Jay-1

2 Recaptures from previous years
American Robin-2

We'll be open 6 days a week through May 27th, closed on Sundays (with the exception of being open on May 15th and closed on May 16th). We'll be returning from the first net run at about 6:30 am. Please stop by if in the area!