Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding station, 5/1/24

meredith

May 1, 2024, 8:28:30 PMMay 1
to Colorado Birds
Continuing the slow-banding day theme........We caught only 6 new birds today - 5 new and 1 return  (plus 3 caught earlier in the season that we caught again).  All are species that we expect to be among our typical early season captures:

House Wren 2 new, 1 banded 2022
Common Yellowthroat 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2

We are banding Tuesday through Sunday (closed Mondays) through May 31, weather permitting.  You can register to visit on the weekends through the Denver Audubon website.  (The first couple of weekends are sold out, so sign up now if you are interested!)

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies