Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 8/24/22

Meredith McBurney

Aug 24, 2022, 10:51:25 PM8/24/22
to Colorado Birds
Another pleasant early day of banding; 46 new birds banded.  Continue to have the expected large numbers of summer resident Yellow Warblers and House Wrens, but also got our first Wilson's Warblers, 2 young females arriving right on schedule.  Here's the breakdown of today's new birds:

Mourning Dove 3
Western Wood-pewee 3
Traill's Flycatcher 1
Willow Flycatcher 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Black-capped/Mountain hybrid 1
House Wren 11
Yellow Warbler 18
Common Yellowthroat 2
Wilson's Warbler 2
Yellow-breasted Chat 1

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come visit!  Click here to make a reservation - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  There is space this week!  We look forward to seeing many of you during the season!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station