Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 10/8/23

meredith

Oct 8, 2023, 7:29:39 PM10/8/23
to Colorado Birds
Well, yesterday I was talking about White-crowned Sparrows starting to predominate.  Today the only birds we caught were White-crowneds.  There was a flock milling around near the front nets when we arrived and we caught 9 of them - 8 Gambel's and 1 Mountain.  And that was it for the morning.

Ready for my day off tomorrow; back out on Tuesday!

If you would like to visit our station, we have one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekday mornings (Tues-Fri, we are closed on Mon) and 8, 9, and 10 a.m. one-hour time slots on the weekends.  As long as the heat continues, you are more likely to see birds if you come earlier in the morning.  Click here to make a reservation.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies