New Yard Birds and Other Goodies/Weld

The "Nunn Guy"

May 28, 2013, 11:33:58 AM5/28/13
to Colorado Birds
Western Tanager (#114)
Hairy Woodpecker ($115)
Full yard list: http://coloradobirder.ning.com/notes/My_Yard_Birds

Latham Reservoir Marsh (WCR 48 only) - 42 species
Burrowing Owl - 1 (as you turn east on to WCR 48 in dog colony on
north at first fence line running north)
Stilt Sandpiper - 15
Red-necked Phalarope - 20
Forster's Tern
Savannah Sparrow

"A story you won't believe" ... I ran into three birding nuns on my
Latham journey
-- The "Nun"n guy meets birding nuns
-- The nuns were looking for ... wait for it ... Hudsonian "God"wit

Crom Lake
Red-necked Phalarope
Whimbrel

"Nunn Woods" (SW corner of Hwy 85/WCR 108)
Red-tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Common Nighthawk
Western Wood-Pewee
Western Kingbird
Eastern Kingbird
Eastern Bluejay
Horned Lark
Barn Swallow
White-breasted Nuthatch
House Wren
Swainson's Thrush
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Vesper Sparrow
Western Meadowlark
Brown-headed Cowbird
Orchard Oriole
Bullock's Oriole
American Goldfinch

Greg P (from state of PA) reports:

"We did find at least 3 of them (Chestnut-collared Longspur) on Weld
45 about a mile south of 122, mixed in with a couple McCowns. This was
enormously satisfying."

"We also were able to find a pair of Mountain plovers today, outside
the official Pawnee boundary, on Weld 100 east of Weld 89 just east of
a farmhouse that had 6 large gold-colored containers across the
street. I didn't think Mountain Plovers were going to be possible for
us. Our second lifers today"

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/
Mobile: http://coloradobirder.ning.com/m

ronbco

Jun 3, 2013, 2:27:54 PM6/3/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,
I was out the Nunn way yesterday and wanted to explore the Nunn Woods.
But I did not find any entry from the road on the north side.
Is there any public access?
Tx
Ron Bolton