Pomarine Jaegar

Dale Adams

Oct 14, 2016, 3:22:06 PM10/14/16
to Colorado Birds
We spent about three hours watching the jaegar this morning. It spent the whole time loafing in the middle of the reservior (distant from either the Jefferson or Douglas County sides) except for two short flights, both of which we managed to miss.

Good luck
Dale and Joel Adams
Fremont County

Jennifer Hallam

Oct 14, 2016, 9:26:28 PM10/14/16
to Colorado Birds
I'm assuming this is Chatfield SP? I need to get over there to check him out :-)

Jennifer Hallam
Ken Caryl, CO

Greg Pasquariello

Oct 14, 2016, 9:33:09 PM10/14/16
to ghi...@gmail.com, Colorado Birds

As I arrived today, I saw a flock of gulls in panicked flight.   Sure enough, the jaeger was chasing them.  As I watched from the parking lot, the jaeger flew right over the heads of the birders that were out on the sand bar.   What a look they must have gotten!  By the time I got down there, the bird was a mile away on the water, but it sure is a good looking bird!

Regards
-Greg Pasquariello
Highlands Ranch

Dale Adams

Oct 14, 2016, 11:06:55 PM10/14/16
to Colorado Birds
Correct.  This is at Chatfield State Park.
Joel Adams
Fremont County

Daniel Horton

Oct 15, 2016, 4:06:27 PM10/15/16
to Colorado Birds
Currently best seen at the marina sandspit, where he's relaxing in the water about 200 meters out, NW of point. Once got up to scare most of the gulls off the ground, in which a winter California started in a hot pursuit. Thanks everyone for all the sweet updates!

Daniel Horton
Wheat Ridge, CO (currently Guymon, OK)