Rusty blackbirds Cherry Creek State Park, Arapahoe Cnty

teuton

Nov 30, 2016, 12:47:30 PM11/30/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Currently, 3 Rusty Blackbirds on the beach in the cove in the southeast corner, near the single picnic table.
Cheryl Teuton
Aurora

Tom Behnfield

Nov 30, 2016, 8:18:42 PM11/30/16
to Colorado Birds

Art Hudak & I viewed the 3 Rusty Blackbirds just before sundown in the Cottonwood right above the picnic table by the water. It is at the south end of the parking lot for the East Boat Ramp (Pelican Point.) The birds then dropped to the shore and  picked through the leaf litter with some Killdeer.

Thanks to Cheryl for putting them out there!

Tom Behnfield
Lakewood, CO

dean shoup

Dec 1, 2016, 12:06:22 PM12/1/16
to Colorado Birds
I found one of the Rusty Blackbirds reported at this location this morning.  It was foraging along the shore across from the cove, a little further SE from previous report.

Dean Shoup
Aurora, CO

dean shoup

Dec 1, 2016, 12:10:12 PM12/1/16
to Colorado Birds
Correction, it is more SW from previous report. I walked along the Wetlends area South and found it across from the cove, looking SW not SE.

Dean Shoup
Aurora, CO

Aaron Tucker

Dec 1, 2016, 3:41:18 PM12/1/16
to Colorado Birds
I saw them at the Pelican Point beach on 11/30 around 9am. They were along the beach headed out to the point and then flying back up into the trees. Another birder ID'ed them as Rusty and let me get a closer look at them through his scope (thanks Randy!). We were at the base of the tree and got a great look at them.

Cheers!

Aaron Tucker
Aurora