Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 8/31/17

29 жолу көрүлдү
Биринчи окулбаган билдирүүгө өтүү

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

окула элек,
2017-ж., 31-авг. 19:36:4931/8/17
– Colorado Birds
A slow day - started promising, then about 8:30 everything went quiet.  Banded 18 birds:

Black-capped Chickadee 1
House Wren 3
Yellow Warbler 9
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 3
Song Sparrow 1

The (only) good thing about the heat is that the outer net area is finally drying out.  A Barr Lake State Park volunteer weed-whacked trails through waist-high smart weed for us today (thanks!), and we should have the balance of the station up in the next few days.

Come visit! We are open 6 days per week (CLOSED Mondays), weather permitting. We are opening nets at 6:30 and should have birds back at the station before 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30, earlier now when it is so hot. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30.

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies