Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Banding Report - Rogers Grove Park, Longmont (Boulder Co.) 10/3/19

Colin Woolley

Oct 3, 2019, 6:37:16 PM10/3/19
to Colorado Birds
We were rained out on Tuesday so today was our only day of banding at Rogers Grove Park this week. It remains fairly quiet here, with just 6 birds banded for the day, and no recaptures. The Wilson's Warblers seem to have moved on, replaced by some Yellow-rumped Warblers (though not in the nets yet). Our highlight for the day was a 'Eastern' Downy Woodpecker of the medianus subspecies, with major white spotting on the wing coverts. Here are the totals for the day:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 3
Hermit Thrush - 1
'Eastern' Downy Woodpecker - 1

Next week will be our final week of banding at Rogers Grove Park. This station runs on Tues/Thurs only. We'll be opening nets around 7:10 and continuing for 5 hours, weather permitting. Feel free to stop by and visit!

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

Visitors are welcome at our banding stations. Registration is required for groups. For more information and hours of operation, visit birdconservancy.org/birdbanding