Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield Station, 5/24/17

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

May 24, 2017, 7:55:02 PM5/24/17
to Colorado Birds
We were busy in the early morning, until it heated up about 9:30 or so, and then things slowed way down.  Still managed to band 35 new and catch 1 more from prior years:

Cordilleran Flycatcher (FOS) 1
Dusky Flycatcher 2
House Wren 1
Swainson's Thrush 7
Gray Catbird 3
Yellow Warbler 7 new, 1 banded in 2014
Northern Waterthrush 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 3
Common Yellowthroat 3
Wilson's Warbler 2
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 3
Lesser Goldfinch 1

The banding station runs daily, weather permitting, through June 1 (except Memorial Day), from 7:00 to approximately 11:30. WEEKEND visitors should PRE-REGISTER at Denveraudubon.org. We were very busy through last weekend but I understand there are plenty of openings for next weekend, the last of the season, so if you've been waiting now is the time! Weekdays school groups arrive around 10; early weekday mornings are the time to drop in for a peaceful visit with us and the birds!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies