Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

meredith

May 16, 2024, 9:22:02 PMMay 16
to Colorado Birds
Today was a Catbird day - these big, boisterous birds really make their presence known, in the field, net and hand.  A total of 35 new captures today, including 13 GRCAs.  We enjoyed sharing our birds with a group of 25 CPW Rangers and Wildlife Managers.  Here's the breakdown:

House Wren 5
Swainson's Thrush 5
Gray Catbird 12 new, 1 banded 2023
Yellow Warbler 5 new, 1 banded 2023
Northern Waterthrush 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 3

We are banding Tuesday through Sunday (closed Mondays) through May 31, weather permitting.  You can register to visit on the weekends through the Denver Audubon website.  (Some times/days are sold out, so sign up now if you are interested!)

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies