Bluebirds

Jeff Parks

Sep 27, 2017, 9:38:16 PM9/27/17
to Colorado Birds
Hey-o

I went birding in a couple of locations this week, and there seems to be a bunch of Mountain Bluebirds around right now.  I was along Cherryvale south of US36 in the last couple of days, and saw a few there, stopped by 66th/Marshall this afternoon and saw a dozen or so out where the hiking/biking trail crosses the road, and then out at Doudy Draw, there was another dozen or so working the hillsides, with some Yellow-Rumped Warblers and White-Crowned Sparrows.

There were also a few Western Bluebirds at Heil Ranch this morning, along the new Overland Loop, as well as a flock of sparrows (a bunch of Chipping, a few Vesper and White-Crowned), a decent sized flock of Pygmy Nuthatches, a few Dark-Eyed Juncos, and a Green-Tailed Towhee.  A few Kestrels, a juvenile Golden Eagle flyby, some Stellar's Jays and Woodpeckers rounded out the bunch.  The flock of turkeys was up where the Wapiti Trail starts today.

good birding -

Jeff Parks