Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 9/24/18

Kim Geissler

Sep 24, 2018, 4:17:54 PM9/24/18
to Colorado Birds
The wind was a bit of a limiting factor today, but there was a steady pace of birds. I banded more Wilson's Warbler than I did on Saturday, and I caught the season's second Ovenbird. The total was 52 birds banded of 11 species. I also had 5 recaps, including a Song Sparrow that was banded before this season.

Here's the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 3
Wilson's Warbler: 29
Orange-crowned Warbler: 7
Audubon's Warbler: 4
House Wren: 1
Ovenbird: 1
Lincoln's Sparrow: 3
Song Sparrow: 1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow: 1
Blue Grosbeak: 1
American Robin: 1

You are welcome to visit the banding station. I'll be banding through the first week of October and nets will be open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday). This week I'm opening nets at 6:50 and banding until 11:50 weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies