Passing of a Friend

mvjo...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2023, 9:48:03 AM10/21/23
to Colorado Birds
It is with sadness that I inform you of the passing of our friend and long-time birder Jerry Poe, formerly of Monte Vista. He passed away peaceably with his family in Sandy Utah yesterday. Jerry was an avid birder and worked as a Range Conservationist for the US Forest Service.  Jerry had a strong conservation ethic and did a tremendous job in watershed protection throughout his career.  He was part of many of our bird adventures over the years and especially loved the weekend birding trips to SE Colorado. Farewell to a good man and wonderful friend.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO