Bird Conservancy of the Rockies Chico Basin Ranch Daily Update 9/20/21

Nancy Ransom

Sep 20, 2021, 3:58:21 PM9/20/21
to Colorado Birds
Today was a slower day in comparison to the last few weeks, with only 24 captures. I can't complain, though! I was able to spend some time with new birders and volunteers, and we also saw a broad-winged hawk near some of our nets, which was both exciting and nerve-wrecking. Thank you so much to Jennifer Redmond for coming out and to our new volunteers, Joan and Camille!

Chico captures for 9/20:
Wilson's Warbler 15
Dusky Flycatcher 3
Chipping Sparrow 1
Slate-colored Junco 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
White-crowned Sparrow 1

We are open 6 days a week at Chico Basin Ranch (closed Sunday), usually returning from the first net run around 7am and staying open until about 11:30am, weather permitting. Thank you for your continued support!

Nancy Ransom

Bander, Chico Basin Ranch

Bird Conservancy of the Rockies