Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Connected Lakes Banding Report

Emily Knaack

Sep 30, 2023, 9:46:11 PM9/30/23
to Colorado Birds
Hello all!
Week 2 at Connected Lakes definitely picked up in numbers compared to last week! We caught our first Audubon's Warbler of the season and a MacGillivray's Warbler! We have also caught 4 Gamble's White Crowned Sparrows banded in previous years which is really cool to see.
Our banding totals for September 25th to 29th are:
Bushtit 36
Gamble's White-crowned Sparrow 9
Spotted Towhee 1
Bewick's Wren 2
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
House Finch 3
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Audubon's Warbler 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 1

Banding will continue at Connected Lakes State Park Monday through Friday from 10/2 to 10/13 from approximately 7am to 1 pm, weather permitting.

Emily Knaack
Bird Bander, Connected Lakes State Park
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies