Large black birds?

Amy Roberts

Oct 24, 2020, 1:00:45 PM10/24/20
to Cobirds
My husband swears he saw a bird yesterday at the vacant field near our house. He says size of a crow at least, but he's sure it wasn’t a crow. He says all black with a slight crest, and long straight, black beak. It was perched in a low tree in the field. Didn’t strike him as a bird of prey. I realize this isn’t a lot to go on, but was unable to come up with any possibilities except maybe a starling. But when I showed him the starling, he didn’t think so. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Amy Roberts
Ft. Collins
amyrob...@gmail.com

Amy Roberts

Oct 24, 2020, 2:13:34 PM10/24/20
to Cobirds
Thanks to everybody for your input! He initially said no to raven, but upon looking at some pictures of them (especially the sort of scruffier-looking ones), he said yes, he thinks that’s what it was. I probably should have though of ravens, but I’m new at this and for some reason, I was under the impression they were somewhat rare in the foothills. Now I want to go down there and see if it’s still hanging around.
Thanks so much!

Amy Roberts
Ft. Collins
amyrob...@gmail.com