White-throated Sparrow & late Green-tailed Towhee - Marjorie Perry NP (Arapahoe)

Jared Del Rosso

Nov 14, 2016, 7:07:11 PM11/14/16
to Colorado Birds
At the very end of my walk this at Marjorie Perry Nature Preserve (Arapahoe Co.) this afternoon, I heard then briefly saw a White-throated Sparrow along the High Line Canal on the eastern edge of the preserve. This is the first of this sparrow that I've seen in my three-mile home circle in the west Centennial area.

Just a bit further east, I heard some movement in the marsh along the Greenwood Gulch Trail. I figured it was a mouse or vole that would stay invisible under the cover of brush and reeds. Or maybe a Song Sparrow. But I got a few glimpses of a late Green-tailed Towhee instead.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO