White-faced Ibis, Sheep Lakes, Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park, Larimer Co.

Jim Nelson

Apr 28, 2017, 10:09:40 PM4/28/17
to cobi...@yahoogroups.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
Late this afternoon we decided to drive into Rocky Mountain National Park to see how it looked after our early afternoon snow (mostly melted in the late afternoon sun).

It started snowing again as we drove. We ended up at Sheep Lakes in Horseshoe Park around 5:30 and were surprised to find a White-faced Ibis feeding in the marsh of the largest of the three lakes, easily viewed from the road. I found two observations for this location in eBird, one in May 2006 and one in April 2012. It was particularly interesting to find this bird at this location in RMNP after seeing one at Lake Estes yesterday.

Jim Nelson
Bethesda, Maryland