Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/27/16

meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Sep 27, 2016, 8:31:29 PM9/27/16
to Colorado Birds
Moderately busy early on, then very slow, then a big burst at the end.  The Wilson's and Orange-crowned Warblers, Kinglets and most of the Sparrows were in the early group.  The Yellow-rumpeds and Woodpeckers at the end.  Interesting mix of 46 new and 1 banded last year:

Downy Woodpecker 4
Red-shafted Flicker 1 new, 1 banded 2015
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Hermit Thrush 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 7
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 12
Wilson's Warbler 3
Spotted Towhee 2
Chipping Sparrow 4
Song Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 5

We are open 6 days each week, weather permitting, through October 16. We have 2 more closed days - Tues, Oct 4 and Wed, Oct 12. We are opening nets at about 6:50 a.m. and most days we start closing between 11 a.m. and 12 noon. We will open later and/or close earlier if it is very hot, very cold, wet, windy, etc. There are school groups most weekday mornings, usually arriving around 9:30. Best times to visit, if you like lots of birds and fewer humans, are early mornings during the week and Sundays.

Meredith McBurney
Bander/Biologist
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies