Lewis's Woodpeckers - Garfield county - 29 June

Jake Edge

Jun 30, 2013, 10:35:51 AM6/30/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Saw two (a pair?) on the Colorado River, about 2 miles west
(downstream) of the New Castle put-in, flying back and forth across the
river. Not common in Garfield county (or anywhere else?) I don't
think. I had 2 at my house further west in the county (between Rifle
and Rulison) about 5 years ago, but not since ...

just in case anyone is working on their Garfield list :) -- it's hard
to be more precise on location, but the float from New Castle to Silt
was nice (if not really all that birdy), so that's probably your best
bet ... but the river road wasn't that far off, so one could perhaps
try that too.

jake

--
Jake Edge - ja...@edge2.net - http://www.edge2.net