Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/20/16

meredith...@birdconservancy.org

Sep 20, 2016, 7:20:38 PM9/20/16
to Colorado Birds
An active morning at Barr Lake - 52 new birds plus 22 recaps. Wilson's Warblers back in the forefront.  Here are the breakdown of the new for the day:

House Wren 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Hermit Thrush 3
American Robin 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 5
Yellow Warbler 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 4
Wilson's Warbler 29
Song Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 2

We are open 6 days each week, weather permitting, through October 16.We are closed every Monday in September, then October 4 and 12. We are opening nets at about 6:30 a.m. and we start closing between 11 a.m. and 12 noon. We will open later and/or close earlier if it is very hot, very cold, wet, windy, etc. There are school groups most weekday mornings, usually arriving around 9:30. Best times to visit, if you like lots of birds and fewer humans, are early mornings during the week and Sundays.

Meredith McBurney
Bander/Biologist
Barr Lake Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies