Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, 8/27/22

Meredith McBurney

Aug 27, 2022, 8:16:20 PM8/27/22
to Colorado Birds
Our daily total continues in the mid-40s, Yellow Warblers again dominated, and we had a nice mix of first of season species today.  The star of the show was an Olive-sided Flycatcher, a rarity for the station (last one was caught in 2011).  Other FOS are identified below:

Olive-sided Flycatcher 1
Dusky Flycatcher 1
House Wren 4
Brown Thrasher 1 FOS
European Starling 1 FOS
Yellow Warbler 23
Townsend's Warbler 1 FOS
American Redstart 1 FOS
Wilson's Warbler 7
Song Sparrow 4
American Goldfinch 1 FOS

If you'd like to enjoy fall birds up close and personal, please come visit!  Click here to make a reservation - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 15 visitors at a time) from 7:30-8:30 most weekdays (closed Mondays), and 8-9, 9-10, and 10-11 on weekends.  We look forward to seeing many of you during the season!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies