Bird Conservancy Banding Chico Basin Ranch- 4/23 and 4/24

Genevieve Day

Apr 24, 2019, 6:53:15 PM4/24/19
to Colorado Birds
Apr 23

Today was the first full day of Spring banding at Chico Basin Ranch. It was a bit chilly and the wind picked up as the day went on. We had nets open for our standard 5 hours this morning. In total we banded 17 birds of 12 species:

Orange-crowned Warbler: 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher: 2
Wilson's Warbler: 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet:2
House Wren:2
Yellow-rumped "Audubon's" Warbler: 1
Yellow-rumped "Myrtle" Warbler: 2
Hermit Thrush: 3
Spotted Towhee: 2
Ladder-backed Woodpecker:1
Blue Jay: 1
Song Sparrow: 1

Apr 24

The third day of banding at Chico Basin Ranch started off cold and quickly became very sunny and hot. It was a mostly slow day with the majority of birds banded around 10:30. In total, we banded 21 birds of 12 species:

House Wren: 2
Yellow-rumped " Audubon's" Warbler: 2
Chipping Sparrow: 3
Hermit Thrush: 2
"Gambel's" White-crowned Sparrow: 4
Downy Woodpecker: 1
Spotted Towhee: 1
Ladder-backed Woodpecker:1
Blue Jay: 1
Dark-eyed "Pink-sided" Junco: 1
Canyon Towhee : 1
American Robin: 2

We are open 6 days a week (closed Sundays), weather permitting. This week we'll be opening nets around 6:30 and closing around 11:30.
Come visit!

Genevieve Day
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies