Marston Reservoir (Jefferson County)

Tom Behnfield

Nov 25, 2015, 8:52:10 PM11/25/15
to Colorado Birds
This afternoon at 4:30 in the fading daylight, I went by the West side (Wadsworth & Stanford) of Marston Reservoir (Jefferson County.) There were several large groups of birds, 100 or more Redheads, 15 Pied-billed Grebes, a group of 15 Cackling Geese, around 300 Common Mergansers, and a very large raft of floating gulls that I wasn't able to identify. Several large "V"s of Canada/Cackling Geese flew overhead.

The highlight for me was 150 or so Hooded Mergansers, the most I've seen at one time. They were spread between 2 large groups, as well as a few mixed in with the Redheads & Common Mergansers.

I ran out of light before I was able to go to the North side via Bowmar. Maybe tomorrow!

Good birding,

Tom Behnfield
Lakewood, CO

Tom Behnfield

Nov 25, 2015, 9:06:23 PM11/25/15
to Colorado Birds
Actually Marston Reservoir is in Denver County.

Tom Behnfield
Lakewood, CO