20 snowy egrets - South Platte River, Arapahoe County

modise

Jul 14, 2020, 1:02:16 PM7/14/20
to Colorado Birds
At 6:15 this morning, I counted 20 snowy egrets about 200 yards south of the River Point Parkway bridge over the South Platte River. This is about 1/4 mile south of Hampden.

I realize they aren’t rare, but that’s the biggest group I’ve seen on the Platte! It was an impressive sea of white feathers!

Bryan Arnold
Littleton, Jefferson County

The "Nunn Guy"

Jul 14, 2020, 2:17:43 PM7/14/20
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

Speaking of a large group, over tis past weekend down by Cozzens lake/Eaton there is a small wet area along CR 41 south of CR 74 on west. I had a flock of Killdeer numbering 40-45 in size. I have photo of partial flock in flight I still have to post.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

modise

Jul 14, 2020, 5:54:33 PM7/14/20
to Colorado Birds
That must have been one noisy flock!

Brian Johnson

Jul 15, 2020, 10:50:18 AM7/15/20
to Colorado Birds
River Point is not far from my area of the Platte River. I have seen as many as five Egrets but not that many. Wow.
Brian Johnson
Englewood CO

modise

Jul 15, 2020, 1:36:03 PM7/15/20
to Colorado Birds
Fourteen in the same spot today, with another six about 1/4 mile south. From Reynolds landing to Florida (8 miles), I counted 44! 53 total from Reynolds Landing to Clear Creek (20.5 miles). I love it!