Bird Conservancy Banding Report Chico Basin Ranch - 9/20/18

Kim Geissler

Sep 20, 2018, 5:51:18 PM9/20/18
to Colorado Birds
This morning was pretty windy and there were a few raindrops which kept numbers lower than usual. I didn't catch any new species, but I caught the second Red-naped Sapsucker of the season. The total was 37 new birds of 10 species.

Here's the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Wilson's Warbler: 16
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 4
Hammond's Flycatcher: 1
Orange-crowned Wabler: 6
MacGillivray's Warbler: 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler: 3
Dusky Flycatcher: 1
Cassin's Vireo: 2
Hermit Thrush: 2
Red-naped Sapsucker: 1

You are welcome to visit the banding station. I'll be banding through the first week of October and nets will be open 6 days a week (Monday through Saturday). This week I'm opening nets at 6:50 and banding until 11:50 weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies