Red Phalarope seen @ 96th & Tower

Joe

Oct 27, 2013, 12:12:12 PM10/27/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Many observers. Sweet!
Joe Roller

Sent from my iPhone

Cathy Sheeter

Oct 27, 2013, 8:31:23 PM10/27/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
The Red Palarope still remained at 4:30 tonight, though was at the furthest edge of the water away from the road, so a scope was needed.  Ibis and Avocet were also there, as well as a few ducks (including some late Blue-Winged Teal).  The number of raptors cruising by was cool too - Juvenile Bald Eagle, Female Northern Harrier in the 20 minutes I was there, and Ferrug and Red-Tail within 1/4 mile north as I was leaving.

I dipped on the Barr Lake Jaeger, but light was tough looking West (of course).  The cattle egret and a juvenile Savannah Sparrow both cooperated for some photos though.

Good birding-

Cathy Sheeter
Fr. Lupton