Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Barr Lake Station, 9/29/18

20 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Meredith...@birdconservancy.org

no leída,
29 sept 2018, 9:26:12 p.m.29/9/2018
para Colorado Birds
Hard to adjust to this cold weather after such a warm month!  My fingers were freezing during the first hour or so, but my great team of Saturday volunteers got the early birds - mostly warblers and kinglets - in and out in record time.  38 new birds plus another 21 recaps made for a busy morning, which we shared with Hugh and Urling's Beginning Birder class from Denver Audubon.  Breakdown of the 38 new birds:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 5
Orange-crowned Warbler 9
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 7
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 1
Wilson's Warbler 4
Chipping Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 7

We are open 6 days per week, Tuesday-Sunday, weather permitting, through October 14. We are opening nets at 6:50 and should have birds back at the station by 7:30. We will close most days by about 11:30. School groups arrive most weekdays at about 9:30. The best time to visit (fewest people, most birds) is before 9:30 weekdays and Sundays.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander
Barr Lake Station