Black-throated Blue Warbler, DeWeese Res., Custer

John Miller

Oct 27, 2018, 12:29:40 AM10/27/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com
This afternoon I found a male Black-throated Blue Warbler at DeWeese Reservoir SWA in Custer County.  It was in the willows along Grape Creek below the dam and near the concrete flume. I watched it catching flies over the creek but had no chance to get a photo.

This is the twenty-fifth warbler species I've seen at DeWeese Res. beginning in 2002.  Most of the rare species were found the brushy areas immediately above and below the dam.

DeWeese Res.is located at 7800' in the Wet Mountain Valley, between two mountain ranges.

Rich Miller
Canon City