Black-eared Bushtit, etc., Greenlee Preserve, Boulder County, Sun., Aug. 30

tedfl...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2020, 9:53:58 PM8/31/20
to Colorado Birds
Hey, all. I spent a goodly chunk of yesterday, Sun., Aug 30, poking around the "Greater Greenlee Ecosystem," Boulder County--that's basically the preserve proper, plus nearby Waneka Lake, Hecla Pond, Waneka Landing, Thomas Open Space, and some adjoining ditches and residential neighborhoods.

Most notable was a black-eared bushtit, an ontological conundrum and an indubitably striking bird. Other goodies around Greater Greenlee yesterday included wood duck, black-chinned, Calliope, rufous, and broad-tailed hummingbirds, snowy egrets and black-crowned night-herons, gray flycatcher, rock wren, sage thrasher, lesser goldfinch, clay-colored and brewer's sparrows, lark bunting, MacGillivray and Wilson warblers, and blue grosbeak.

Photos, video, audio, and comments at my eBird checklist from yesterday:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73002403

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County