High Line Canal Trail - Arapahoe Co.

Jared Del Rosso

Feb 14, 2018, 1:10:44 PM2/14/18
to Colorado Birds
This morning (2/14), I walked one of my dogs along the High Line Canal Trail from Three Ponds Park to Blackmer Lake (Arapahoe Co.). A Hermit Thrush continued around the small marsh off the High Line near Dahlia Hollow Park. Around the park were a handful of White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatches and a Brown Creeper. I didn't see the White-throated Sparrow that was around there last month.

Nearer to Blackmer, we had a few Pygmy Nuthatches and a flock of at least 70 Cedar Waxwings (along with many starlings and robins) down in the brushy growth near the lake.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO