Am. Goldfinches - Pueblo

Leon Bright

Apr 9, 2018, 11:46:57 AM4/9/18
to Cobirds

COBirders--  While this post doesn’t compare to the others this morning about super rarities, I wanted to share my pleasure observing the flock of 12-15 American Goldfinches that have been visiting my feeders for the last fortnight.  It is interesting to observe the variety of stages of molt in the males.  This morning one appeared that had almost achieved full breeding plumage while others are still in intermediate stages.  Also, a few Pine Siskins have begun to show up after an absence of over a year.  I’ve noticed that at times these two irruptive species appear to be associated in their wanderings.

Leon Bright

Pueblo

Norm Lewis

Apr 9, 2018, 10:49:58 PM4/9/18
to urr...@comcast.net, cob...@googlegroups.com
I was surprised to find a flock of fifteen American goldfinches in the town of Briggsdale this afternoon. eBird flagged it.

Norm Lewis
Lakewood, CO