Rocky Mtn Arsenal NWR - Adams

Hugh Kingery

Feb 19, 2017, 7:45:32 PM2/19/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
We drove the RMA wildlife tour route this morning (and this afternoon). We tallied 31 species, half of them waterfowl.

We debated the highlights -- these three candidates:
    Prairie Merlin perched on a fence post so intent on his meal that he allowed close (in the car) contact.
    Half a dozen Mountain Bluebirds sallying in a field -- bright blue males. (eBird wanted details ("rare")).
    Two Horned Larks having a territorial battle -- flying at each other over the road and across.

Several Bald Eagles, one Ferruginous (dark) Hawk, seven singing W. Meadowlarks.

Hugh & Urling Kingery
Franktown, CO