Eastern Wood-Pewee Photographed (Larimer County)

Austin Hess

Jun 27, 2014, 4:56:31 PM6/27/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I found and photographed the Eastern Wood-Pewee from Riverbend Ponds Natural Area in Fort Collins this early afternoon. Moving around A LOT...heard calling very often. I believe it's in the same area as previously described. Here is a link to my photo. https://www.flickr.com/photos/26816187@N06/

Austin Hess
Fort Collins, Colorado

Austin Hess

Jun 27, 2014, 4:59:40 PM6/27/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
My bad for not including the date. Wish you could edit posts here. 6/27/14

Kevin Keirn

Jun 29, 2014, 3:12:47 PM6/29/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Late this morning David Gillilan, Susan Pellegrini, and I were able to refind the Eastern Wood-Pewee just south of its previous location. It was calling from the top of a snag at the intersection of the Spring Creek and Poudre bicycle trails. We were also able to refind the continuing Green Heron across the street at the Running Deer and Cottonwood Hollow Natural Areas.

Kevin Keirn
Fort Collins, CO