NE Colorado, Brant at Jumbo

Steven Mlodinow

Nov 27, 2016, 9:44:39 PM11/27/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Greetings All

I started my day before dawn at Sand Draw SWA (south of Julesburg), owling, and had GH Owl, E Screech Owl, and Saw-whet Owl.
During daylight hours, Sand Draw was birdy but without rarities (some local specialties, such as G Prairie-Chicken, N Cardinal, RB Woodpecker) and a flyover Snow Bunting

On the way back to the highway from Sand Draw, I had another Snow Bunt fly over and 2 in a field.

I arrived as the weather did at Jumbo. Geese were flying everywhere, including a Brant in a flock of Canada Geese which flew se. from the Sedgwick County side.

At Prewitt Res, there was a WW Scoter and 2 Common Loons on Washington Co side.

Good Birding
Steven Mlodinow
Longmont CO