Weld Neotropic Cormorant

Steven Mlodinow

Apr 19, 2016, 9:32:35 AM4/19/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Greetings All

Sorry for the delayed post.
Yesterday afternoon I had an adult NEOTROPIC CORMORANT swimming with a DC Cormorant near the east side of Lower Latham Reservoir. Both birds flew off (hence not a post from-the-spot). The Neotropic is similar in size to a Western Grebe.

In all, from Crow Valley to Union Reservoir, I had 106 species.
Crow Valley was bird scarce, but had the long-staying RED BELLIED WOODPECKER and an early ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER as well as a location-rare 2 Hooded Mergansers

Eaton Cemetery had a nice little group of YR Warblers and a GRAY HEADED JUNCO

Glenmere Park in Greeley had 4 BUSHTITS in the junipers in the sw. corner of the park. These have been present for a couple years. There were 2 Black-crowned Night Herons on the island, but there is no evidence of breeding

A GADWALL x N SHOVELER was at Stewarts' Pond
17 LEAST,1 BAIRD'S and 1 SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER were at Behren's Reservoir (ponds across from the actual res)

BN STILTS were still at Loloff Reservoir and the Weld Co Rd 59 Ponds

Firestone Gravel Pits had a CACKLING GOOSE, 6 HOODED MERGS, a COMMON GOLDENEYE and lots of Bufflehead and RB Mergs

Union Reservoir was busy with 700+ Franklin's Gulls, a LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL, 5 species of swallows, 2 WILLET...

Good Birding
Steve Mlodinow
Longmont CO