Yel-rumped Warbler, El Paso Cnty

maca...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2016, 5:46:02 PM1/25/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Cobirders,

Just before noon today in Red Rocks Canyon Open Space, south of the frozen pond, I came across a yellow-rumped warbler (1st-winter male Audubon's I think). Competed for my attention with a flock of male H. sapiens that were out on the ice of the pond, had cut a 4' x 6' hole in the ice and were jumping into & scrambling out of the icewater dressed in some kind of white suit (methinks a Search & Rescue training?).
Also had Canyon Wren, Sharpie (with Robin), Kestrel. ebird list below. Here's a link to some poor-quality pics of the warbler. To view pics as a slideshow, click the box left of "Name" then click on "View" in top options-bar.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d82yw4fbaw86p

Marty Wolf,
NW CO Spgs

eBird Report - Red Rock Canyon Open Space, Jan 25, 2016

Red Rock Canyon Open Space, El Paso, Colorado, US
Jan 25, 2016 9:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.7 mile(s)
Comments:     Temp. in 30's F; clear to overcast.
16 species

Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  6
Northern Flicker (Red-shafted)  2
American Kestrel  1
Western Scrub-Jay  4
Black-billed Magpie  10
American Crow  4
Common Raven  1
Mountain Chickadee  6
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Canyon Wren  2
Townsend's Solitaire  3
American Robin  4     One was freshly caught (& still alive) in the talons of a sharp-shinned hawk
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's)  1     1st-winter male
Dark-eyed Junco  12
Spotted Towhee  2

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S27121828

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (
http://ebird.org)