Lincoln County, today

Steven Mlodinow

May 5, 2015, 12:28:29 AM5/5/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Greetings All

Nick Moore and I spent the day roving around Lincoln County. Much of the day was spent on private property, but one trend was clear. The westerly flow before last nights storms brought western birds

We had 3 Virginia's Warblers, a Townsend's, a Plumbeous Vireo, a Hammond's Flycatcher, a GH Junco, scads of BG Gnatcatchers, Spotted Towhees, and Say's Phoebes.
For "eastern" birds we had 3 N Waterthrush, a N Parula, and an Indigo Bunting plus 5 WT Sparrows (likely migrants) and a Swamp Sparrow (possibly lingering from winter)

And a Summer Tanager, but those may well be spring overshoots from the south, or southwest.

Anyway, 107 species and a fun day

Good Birding
Steven Mlodinow
Longmont CO