Sprinkler draws in a crowd in this drought

dgulb...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2021, 1:59:50 PM12/22/21
to Colorado Birds
Worried about my tall spruces, I've been running the sprinkler.
About two hours ago I placed it in a protected spot between a forsythia,
a mock orange, and some tall trees.  Just now, in the space of 5 minutes,
I had the joyful sight of a parliament of fowls.  A flicker and a downy perched
6" apart, while a robin, a bluejay, 4 races of junco, some juvenile White-crowneds,
a Spotted Towhee, and a Magpie darted in and out of the 6' x 6' area receiving
the shower.  Some preferred standing on the wet dirt, others perched on the slender forsythia branches.  A drink!  A bath!  Hooray.  Let's all be friends!

dgulb...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2021, 2:08:38 PM12/22/21
to Colorado Birds
15 minutes later, everyone's gone!