Golden-crowned Warbler YES, and best route

Glenn Walbek

May 16, 2018, 8:16:21 AM5/16/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Joey Kellner and Norm Erthal are looking at the warbler along road 9 on the east side in a juniper under the large cottonwoods just north of the creek bridge.  They advise coming up from Wild Horse on Cheyenne Co. Rd 9.  That road has more aggregate than the roads coming down from Flagler an is in fairly good shape.  There is also a female Hooded Warbler and a male Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Good Luck and drive carefully.

Glenn Walbek

Castle Rock, CO

Scott Somershoe

May 16, 2018, 3:41:27 PM5/16/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Bird was refound, about 1pm, 20 min after I left. Bird still being seen, and I got back in time. I left after 4.5 hrs this morning and seeing 12 species of warbler. Lucky #13 for the day! Several folks here.

Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone

Scott Manwaring

May 16, 2018, 8:30:26 PM5/16/18
to Colorado Birds
Any update on this from later in the day? Considering driving out tonight to look early tomorrow.

Juncos

May 16, 2018, 9:49:16 PM5/16/18
to man0...@gmail.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
It was seen, photographed from 1320 to 1445 and not since.  There are still folks out there trying for it.  The roads have dried nicely and approaching from Flagler is a faster, safe option for those leaving from Denver and points north.

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid