Bent County --- Black Rails 4/19/14

Mark Peterson

Apr 20, 2014, 12:29:42 PM4/20/14
to COBirds
COBirders,

First, thank you to Duane for posting about the birds that were at Tempel Grove.  Unfortunately, I had to be back to town too early and did not give Glenn and I enough time to really enjoy southeast CO.  The one other species that we had at the Grove was a male WILSON'S WARBLER.

Early yesterday morning we also had at least two BLACK RAILs at Van's Marsh.  The birds were quite distant so the lack of wind was appreciated as we probably would have never heard them.  Between the three marshes we stopped and listened at we had about 20 of each of SORA and VIRGINIA RAIL.

Directions for Tempel grove are here:

Van's Marsh is located on Road JJ and about a half mile west of Road 18.

-----
Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs