El Paso county --- Rusty Blackbird 3/10/14

Mark Peterson

Mar 11, 2014, 2:43:10 AM3/11/14
to CoBirds
COBirders,

I decided to make a quick run over to a pond right where Stetson Hills road crosses Sand Creek, just west of the intersection with Peterson road.  I got there around 6:45 so did not have a lot of time.  At the north end of the pond where the foot bridge crosses a little feeder creek there was a female RUSTY BLACKBIRD.  She was busy working the creek, I am not sure if she was alone or not as she was right where the creek has a bend in it and she disappeared behind the bend.  There may have been others in there?  There were at least 8 GREAT-TAILED GRACKLEs, they breed at this location, not much else of interest.  My original intent was to hopefully find a Cinnamon Teal but no luck.

-----
Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs