Where Have All the Goldfinches Gone? west Centennial, Arapahoe County

kevyg...@aol.com

Jan 30, 2021, 10:38:53 AM1/30/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hello Fellow Birders,

Up until a week or so ago I had a flock of about 2 dozen American Goldfinches eating me out of house and home every day, at my little townhome yard near Holly & Arapahoe.  Now, they have suddenly evaporated.  Even during the light snow we had earlier this week there were only 3 or 4 at the feeders, and only briefly.  Everybody else is still showing up for the picnic: House Finches, Red- & White-breasted Nuthatches, Bushtits, etc., etc.  Any ideas, facts or theories are welcome.  Thanks!

Keep Smilin',
Kevin Corwin
west Centennial, Arapahoe County

Sent from my Remington Rand Typewriter via my Rotary Dial Wall Phone

The Nunn Guy

Feb 1, 2021, 10:37:11 AM2/1/21
to Colorado Birds
Hi Kevin

Up here in Nunn ... ;-) ... we have had them consistently throughout January now, last few days numbering a dozen or so each morning.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn