Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Hugh Kingery

no leída,
25 ago 2022, 19:32:1825/8/22
a dougl...@googlegroups.com,c...@aol.com,cob...@googlegroups.com
We see lots of juveniles this month. One day, 14 junior Spotted Towhees. Several fledgling Gray-headed Juncos and Mountain and Western Bluebirds. 12 fledgling Robins gorging on a Chokecherry bush.

House Finches, Black-headed Grosbeaks, and Lesser Goldfinches feeding begging youngsters. Chickadees (Mtn. & Black-capped) grab seeds and maybe take them to their kids, maybe stash them.  Nuthatches (White-breasted and Pygmy) like the suet and occasionally the thistle feeder. A fair selection of Hummingbirds, mostly Broad-tailed. A Cooper's Hawk youngster kekking for food & attention. One Cooper's crashed into our dotted window, but flew off and apparently didn't injure itself.

Our dotted windows seem to work pretty well at helping the birds avoid our windows.

Swallows have dispersed. So far, no fall migrants of note.

Hugh
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar