Fremont county --- Tundra Swans/Rusty Blackbirds, 2/15/15

Mark Peterson

Feb 15, 2015, 6:14:36 PM2/15/15
to CoBirds
COBirders,

I did about an hour of birding this morning before heading to other commitments.  Near Brush Hollow I had a flock of at least 47 PINYON JAYs.  Then a quick look at Florence River Park to see if there might be any CINNAMON TEAL and there was a single male.  Then just west of the park there were two TUNDRA SWANs flying low and to the east.  Before heading home I checked the ponds along highway 115 between Florence and Penrose but I did not see them there.  Then just a little further was along the road (county road 119) there were 2 males and 4 female RUSTY BLACKBIRDs.  The males were singing as the six of them sat in a tree.

-----
Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs