Numerous Bald Eagles

Jessie

Feb 6, 2018, 10:31:35 AM2/6/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Many, many eagles have been counted (as many as 37 at one time) on New Windsor Reservoir.  There has been more open water this winter with our milder temperatures (or maybe something warming that body of water from underneath—lots of fracking in this area) and I would venture the thought that a food source is available to them for extended stretches of time during our winter this year.  They have been observed eating fish or geese that congregate on the reservoir or come in wounded from hunting in the area farm fields.    This reservoir has no public access but can be viewed from CR 74 near CR 19.

Anyone have any comments they would like to share on these sightings?

Jessie Meschievitz
Windsor CO